The “Inti Raymi” sun party is and was one of the most important parties, due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the year 2020 could not be held. Thus, after taking all the necessary steps this year 2021, it will be carried out virtually and with a limited capacity, complying with all regulations and protocols against COVID 19.
In addition, the organizations in charge of the realization of this great event gave us a great surprise when they made an exhibition of the original clothing used for the staging of Inti Raymi.
The Municipal Celebration Company (EMUFEC) and the Municipality of Cusco presented a great exhibition of the original Inti Raymi clothing, which will be freely available to Cusco residents and visitors with their tourist ticket, from May 24 to June 18, in the facilities of the municipality of Cusco – Room 1 of the Museum of Art.
You can visualize the clothing of different characters:
- Inka (Ruler).
- Coya (Main Wife of the Inka).
- Khupukamayuq (Khipus Accounting Specialist).
- Tarpuntay (Priest in charge of the oracle).
- Curaca (head or ruler of an ayllu).
- Wirapiricuy (Seer Priest, specialist in reading the fat of the sacrificed animal)
- Harawi (Musician).
- Willaq Uma (High priest, spiritual brother of the Inka)
- Sinshi (Warrior and General in Chief of the Army).
- Kallparikuy (Seer, Priest who specializes in recognizing, in the strength of the entrails of the sacrificed animal).
- Willca Nina Kamuyoq (Priest in the care of the sacred fire)
- Aclla (Chosen Woman).
In addition, inside the pieces you will find an Inka cape made of bat skin, which dates from 1944, the year that Inti Raymi was established, among other pieces typical of this celebration. We invite all locals and visitors who are in the city to be able to visit this beautiful exhibition and also that they can virtually follow the staging of Inti Raymi in the three stages, Qoricancha, Plaza Mayor del Cusco and Sacsayhuaman.